|Головна » Статті » Предметні тижні » Тиждень англійської мови|
Awareness Quiz on Britain.
Multiple Choice Test on Great Britain.
1. What is the Union Jack?
2. What is the name of the present British Queen?
a) Elizabeth I. b) Mary. c) Elizabeth II.
3. What is the capital of Wales?
a) Glasgow. b) Cardiff. c) Edinburgh.
4. Where did the Beatles come from?
a) Bristol. b) Manchester. c) Liverpool.
5. What is the song the Scottish people sing at the parties?
6. Where does the ceremony of the Keys take place?
7. Which street in London is called "newspaper street"?
a) Oxford Street. b) Fleet Street. c) Downing Street.
8. Where is the Speaker's Corner?
9. Where is the National Shakespeare Theatre?
a) In London. b) In Birmingham. c) In Stratford-upon-Avon.
10. What is the national musical instrument of Scotland?
a) Bagpipe. b) Trumpet. c) Guitar.
Awareness Quiz on the USA.
9.Which holiday is called "the birthday of a nation"?
Multiple Choice Test on the USA.
1. Who of the presidents fought for the abolition of slavery in the USA?
2. What river is New York situated on?
a) The Mississippi. b) The Potomac. c) The Hudson.
3. What is the world's tallest stone structure situated in Washington?
a) Washington Monument.
b) Lincoln Memorial,
4. Which kind of sport is a typical American invention?
b) Baseball. c) Golf.
5.Which holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November?
a) Halloween. b) Independence day. c) Thanksgiving Day.
6. Who of the musicians played the trumpet in jazz?
a) Wellington. b) Armstrong. c) Presley.
7. Who of the American scientists invented the telephone?
a) Alexander Bell. b) Henry Ford. c) Martin King.
8. Who of the American writers wrote books under the name of Mark Twain?
a) Jack London. b) Samuel Clemens. c) John Grisham.
9.Which street in New York is called the home of theatres?
a) The 5,h Avenue. b) Broadway. c) Fleet Street.
10. What is the traditional meal on Thanksgiving Day?
a) Fish. b) Pudding. c) Turkey.
Awareness Quiz on Australia.
Multiple Choice Test on Australian Fauna.
1. What animals eat eucalyptus leaves?
2. What flightless bird lives in Australia?
3. Which representative of Australian fauna doesn't use eyes and ears
a) Platypus. b) Fish. c) Ducks.
4. Which Australian animals are born the size of a large bean and
5. Which of the Australian kangaroos are the largest?
a) Wild dog dingo. b) Ostrich. c) Platypus.
a) Platypus. b) Dingo. c) Kangaroo.
a) Emu. b) Koala. c) Wallaroos.
a) Borkaburra. b) Wombat. c) Parrot.
10. Which marsupial looks like an enormours rat?
a) Bat. b) Ostrich. c) Wombat.
Awareness Quiz on New Zealand.
10. What fruit is New Zealand the world's largest producer of?
Multiple Choice Test on New Zealand.
a) North Island. b) Stuart Island. c) South Island.
a) Bears. b) Snakes. c) Waives.
3. Which bird is apteryx in New Zealand?
a) Kiwi. b) Kakado parrot. c) Weka.
4. What is the nickname of New Zealanders?
a) Maori. b) Kiwi. c) Islanders.
5. What was the first capital of New Zealand?
a) Wellington. b) Dunedin. c) Auckland.
6. What are the two official languages in New Zealand?
a) English and b) English and c) English and
French. Maori. German.
7. How are Maori people characterized?
a) Warlike. b) Peaceful. c) Indifferent.
a) Prince. b) Her Minister. c) Governor General.
10. When do children begin to go to school in New Zealand?
a) At the age of 7. b) At the age of 6. c) At the age of 5.
Awareness Quiz on Canada.
10. What province is called "the Seat of French Culture"?
Multiple Choice Test on Canada.
1. What country does Canada border on in the North?
a) The USA. b) Russia. c) Finland.
2. Which is the largest province in Canada?
a) Quebec. b) Prince Edward. c) Ontario.
a) Flax. b) Wheat. c) Potato.
a) Green Tower. b) Victoria Tower. c) Peace Tower.
5. Which museum in Ottawa illustrates the cultures of Eskimos and Indians?
6. Which May Festival is Ottawa world famous for?
a) Tulip Festival. b) Art Festival. c) Music Festival.
a) Great Britain. b) The Netherlands, c) Nepal.
a) Ottawa. b) Toronto. c) Montreal.
a) Newfoundland. b) Ontario. c) Nova Scotia.
10. Which syrup is Canada famous for?
a) Maple. b) Cranberry. c) Lemon.
|Переглядів: 568 ||
|Всього коментарів: 0|